* denotes an undergraduate author
13. Gerhart LM, Anderton B (2021) Engaging students through online video homework assignments: A case study in a large-enrollment ecology and evolution course. Ecology and Evolution, 11:5777-5789, DOI: 10.1002/ece3.7547
12.Gerhart LM, Jadallah C, Angulo S, Ira G (2021) Teaching an experiential field course via online participatory science projects: A COVID-19 case study of a UC California Naturalist course Ecology and Evolution, DOI: 10.1002/ece3.7187
11. Dolan EL, M Borrero, K Callis-Duehl, MM Chen Musgrove, J de Lima, I Ero-Tolliver, LM Gerhart, EC Goodwin, LR Hamilton, MA Henry, J Herrera, B Huot, S Kiser, ME Ko, ME Kravec, M Lee, LB Limeri, ME Peffer, D Pires, JS Ramirez Lugo, SM Sharp, NA Suarez (2020) Undergraduate Biology Education Research Gordon Research Conference: A Meeting Report, CBE-Life Sciences Education, 19:mr1, DOI: 10.1187/cbe.19-09-0188
10. McLauchlan KK†, LM Gerhart†, JJ Battles, JM Craine, AJ Elmore, PE Higuera, MC Mack, BE McNeil, DM Nelson, N Pederson, SS Perakis (2017) Centennial-scale reductions in nitrogen availability in temperate forests of the United States, Scientific Reports, 7:7856 † These authors contributed equally to this work
9. Li G, LM Gerhart, SP Harrison, JK Ward, JM Harris, IC Prentice (2017) Changes in biomass allocation buffer low CO2 effects on tree growth during the last glaciation. Scientific Reports 7:43087
8. Carter JM, ME Orive, LM Gerhart, JH Stern*, RM Marchin, J Nagel, JK Ward (2017) Warmest extreme year in U.S. history alters thermal requirements for tree phenology, Oecologia,
7. Becklin KM, JT Anderson, LM Gerhart, SM Wadhymar, CA Wessinger, JK Ward (2016) Examining plant physiological responses to climate change through an evolutionary lens. Plant Physiology, 172:635-649
6. Kranabetter JM, KK McLauchlan, SK Enders, JM Fraterrigo, PE Higuera, JL Morris, EB Rastetter, R Barnes, B Buma, D Gavin, LM Gerhart, L Gillson, P Hietz, MC Mack, B McNeil, S. Perakis (2016) A framework to assess biogeochemical responses to ecosystem disturbance using nutrient partitioning ratios. Ecosystems, 19:387-395
5. Gerhart LM, KK McLauchan (2014) Reconstructing terrestrial nutrient cycling using stable nitrogen isotopes in wood. Biogeochemistry, 120: 1-21
4. Fuller BT, SM Fahrni, JM Harris, AB Farrell, JB Coltrain, LM Gerhart, JK Ward, RE Taylor, JR Southon (2014) Ultrafiltration for asphalt removal from bone collagen for radiocarbon dating and isotopic analysis of Pleistocene fauna at the tar pits of Rancho La Brea, Los Angeles, California. Quaternary Geochronology, 22:85-98.
3. Barve, N, AJ Bonilla, J Brandes, JC Brown, N Brunsell, FV Cochran, RJ Crosthwait, J Gentry, LM Gerhart, T Jackson, AJ Kern, KS Oberhauser, HL Owens, AT Peterson, AS Reed, J Soberón, AD Sundberg LM Williams (2012) Climate-change and mass mortality events in overwintering monarch butterflies. La Revista Mexicana de Biodiversidad, 83: 817-824.
2. Gerhart LM, JM Harris, JB Nippert, DR Sandquist, JK Ward (2012) Glacial trees from the La Brea tar pits show physiological constraints of low CO2. New Phytologist, 194:63-69.
See also, Tissue & Lewis 2012 commentary on the above paper.
1. Gerhart LM, JK Ward (2010) Plant responses to low CO2 of the past. Invited Tansley Review. New Phytologist, 188:674-695
6. Gerhart, L.M. (2019) Hope is still a bison: book review of Theodore Roosevelt and Bison Restoration on the Great Plains by Keith Aune and Glenn Plumb, Nature Sustainability, 2:650
5. Gerhart, L.M. (2019) Narrative Decay: book review of Hot Carbon by John Marra, Nature Plants, 5:640-641
4. Gerhart, LM (2018) Sense and Sentient Ability: Book review of Semiosis by Sue Burke, Nature Plants, 4:235-236
3. Gerhart, LM (2017) Brutal Honesty of a Life in Science: Book review of Lab Girl by Hope Jahren, Nature Plants, 3:837-838
2. Gerhart, LM (2013) Glacial Tree Physiology: Using Stable Isotopes to Reconstruct Plant Responses to Environmental Change Since the Last Glacial Period, Ph.D. dissertation, University of Kansas. Available via KU ScholarWorks
1. Gerhart, LM (2013) House, Senate Committees investigate meningitis outbreak, Issues in Science and Technology 29 no 2 (Winter 2013).
View my Google Scholar Profile here.
View the rest of my CV here.